Author Topic: Scenario  (Read 820 times)

Charles Eckart

• View Profile
Scenario
« on: December 20, 2017, 09:10:31 AM »
I guess we should call this "The Contract" or "Hijack" or something.

Le Grand Fromage

• Administrator
  • "Il faut cultiver son jardin."
    • View Profile
    • HONOUR
Re: Scenario
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 06:48:00 PM »
I wonder if there's another way to fool the people on the planet... for instance, bidding $ to fool them, so that the higher you bid, the more likely you are to succeed.

Charles Eckart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 07:35:10 PM »
Possibly yes. But if everyone starts with only $100 for their ship and nothing in the "bank" it seems that a reduction in ship spending to increase chances of impersonation success would be easiest. As is, there's no point in spending less than $90 on a ship since a result of 1 or 2 is a failure for anyone, including the contracted ship. The only difference is the reasons for failure, hijackers recognized as imposters, contracted ship temporary commo difficulties.

If the scenario was part of a campaign and players have had a chance to accrue $ in an "account" some sort of bidding might work better. We did it as a one off just to try out the idea.

Charles Eckart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 11:21:20 AM »
When we tried this scenario everything was in note form rather than written as a scenario and it appears that I missed mentioning some conditions so here they are.

If a hijacker captures the contracted ship on the way to the planet they gain the contact codes and will appear to Carson's planet team as the contract ship. This means the imposter will contact the planet team as if it is the contract ship. The only delay will be from commo difficulties.

If the contracted ship has contacted the planet team a hijacker may swoop in on the first move phase to try to take the shuttle in tow and escape with it. This may not be done on the second move phase.

Any ship carrying the container returning from the planet must be disabled by an attacker to seize the container. It takes one stationary move phase to transfer the container.

Sorry for the omission.