Author Topic: Collected Scenarios  (Read 266 times)

armstp

• View Profile
Collected Scenarios
« on: September 02, 2018, 12:01:19 AM »
I have recently put all of my Rommel scenarios on my own website.   [https://hexesandminiatures.com/ww2-squares]  This has enabled me to group them by theatre and in historical chronological order.  They are of course all still available on the Rommel scenario forum and I will continue to place any new scenarios I design here as well as on my own site.

shadojack

• View Profile
Re: Collected Scenarios
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 05:39:41 PM »
Hi,
Thanks for sharing.  Its nice to see some picture of your collection also.  At least I hope that is your collection ;D

Is that 10mm I'm seeing?

I also thought about using some overhead pictures of trees, mountains, and even towns printed on 6 inch squares.  Hopefully, in my next post I can share what I settled on, and have been working on for Rommel terrain.  A testimony to how beguiling Sam's rules are given that I went to the effort to make/adapt terrain specifically for his vision.

Cheers,
Ray

armstp

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2018, 11:52:02 PM »
Yes, the desert units are 10mm, Perrin and Pendraken.  The Western European are the rather unusual Skytrex 1/200 models.   This is a strange size that only Skytrex seems to make, the vehicles are too small to be compatible with 10mm [particularly given the ubiquitous scale creep where everything just keeps getting bigger.].   I bought many of these models from Skytrex decades ago and consequently have continued to use them, including buying my Russians from then recently.  I do worry that if they stop producing this scale I will never be able to get anything compatible again.  Perhaps I should buy up big now for future contingencies!

The terrain squares are made by Deep Cut Studios on mouse mat material.   They standardly make these in 8 inch squares but they cut them down to 6 inches for me.  If I could find some good top down photos of European towns I would get them to print some of those up for me as urban areas.

It always interesting to see different approaches to terrain modelling.

fred

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 11:09:13 AM »
Thanks for putting all of these up in one place, especially with them ordered by theatre and date, makes it much easier to look for ones that might be useful.

Ta

Peter Clarke

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2018, 11:30:33 AM »
A tremendous resource - thanks

Peter

paulus

• Play Testers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2018, 10:03:31 PM »
Thanks for sharing them....appreciated:)

GavinDBM

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2018, 03:17:03 PM »
Great resource 😀